Even vacations can get complicated sometimes.
When most people think of a complicated vacation they think about missed flights and cancelled hotel reservations. These problems are minor, however, in comparison to the difficulties that some people face with a timeshare purchase. When, for instance, someone signs into a timeshare that later becomes a problem, challenges really begin. In fact, many people find themselves in need of a timeshare cancellation attorney to help them navigate this challenging contract work.
One of the most difficult parts of getting out of a timeshare contract is that laws can vary from one state to another. Florida contract cancellation rights, for instance, may vary from those in New Jersey. For this reason it is important to make sure that you work with an attorney who is familiar with the laws in your state to make sure that you are getting the best advice from local timeshare lawyers who can help you understand your available options. Just as not all timeshare sales are the same, the rules and regulations of getting out of a timeshare agreement can differ:
Consider some of these facts and figures about the latest timeshare statistics and the challenges that some people face when they want to make change to a long term contract:
- The latest research indicates that 3% of U.S. households own a timeshare.
- One of every four timeshare in the U.S. are located in Florida.
- 46.8 years old is the average age of timeshare owners in the U.S.
- The average price of a new timeshare is $20,040, and the timeshare industry is a $70 billion industry.
- 66% of timeshare owners cited “too high” maintenance fees as a reason for wanting to get out of their timeshare contract, according to a 2016 survey.
- 46% of timeshare owners identified maintenance fees as their “most important” reason for leaving, according to the same 2016 survey.
Florida contract cancellation rights can be complicated and there are law firms who can help you understand what, if any, options that you might have. Whether you own a timeshare property in the Sunshine State of another location it is important to work with someone who knows information about your state’s regulations and laws.