Sickle Pickle and Slug Bug may seem like silly car games, but they can also serve a purpose in helping your children, and the driver, be aware of smaller vehicles that are on the road. And while not many motor cycle riders might not be excited about someone calling their ride a Sickle Pickle, they certainly will appreciate having drivers take notice of them.
Unfortunately, motorcyclists are often the victim of accidents because other drivers simply do not notice them. City, state, and national campaigns to raise awareness of any two wheeled vehicle can often go a long ways toward making sure that all motorists are more aware of the motorcycles that are on the road. In the month when students are going back to school, it is also important that drivers are extra aware and on the lookout for kids who might be riding their bicycles to school.
Have You or a Loved One Been Injured in a Car, Motorcycle, or Bike Accident?
Car accident lawyers are often consulted when a distracted driver has caused injury or death. Likewise, other kinds of personal injury attorneys are also consulted if a motorist hits someone who is on a motorcycle or a bicycle. Finding the legal advice that you need, in fact, can help you navigate the challenges that you may face if you have been the victim of an accident caused by someone else’s carelessness. Consider some of these statistics about the many times when car accident lawyers and other legal professionals can be of assistance:
- The latest research indicates that there are as many as 6 million car accidents occur in the U.S. each year.
- Distracted driving, drunk driving, and speeding are the three most common causes of car accidents in the U.S.
- 3 million people are injured every year in car accidents on roads in the U.S.
- In the year 2016, 20% of bicyclist deaths occurred between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. The research also indicates that and 71% of these deaths occurred in urban areas.
- Despite the fact that motorcyclists account for only 1% of the miles driven, 15% of traffic deaths involved motorcycles in the year 2012.
- In fact, since the year 2004 over 4,000 motorcyclists have died every year up to 2014 in motorcycle accidents. In 2007 and 2008, motorcyclist deaths exceeded 5000 a year.
No matter what you call them, motorcyclists are often difficult for some drivers to notice. Especially for drivers who are distracted or impaired, a motorcyclist can be in danger any time that they take the road. Finding a legal professional can help you deal with the implications of an accident that is caused by a distracted driver. In fact, car accident lawyers also serve as a valuable resource for many families who are trying to recover from a devastating event.