Immigration Reform, Accidental Injury And Legality What You Should Know

Medical malpractice attorney in miami Slip and fall attorney coral gables

Car accident attorney coral gables

Immigration is hard enough without legal issues ruining your sense of security and, in worst case scenarios, your job and educational opportunities. While immigrants are about 16% of the U.S. labor force, deportations are extremely common — as many as 72,000 parents with U.S.-born children were deported in 2013 and a new policy designed to deport up to 10 million unauthorized immigrants could cost the country tens of billions of dollars annually. Being a victim of personal injury or needing naturalization doesn’t make these recent trends any easier, so keep reading to learn more about modern statistics and how to contact an accident injury attorney in a worst-case scenario.

U.S. Immigration Statistics

U.S.-born children of immigrants are more likely to attend college and be homeowners than the average American, at an estimated 36% as of a recent survey. However, this doesn’t always account for positive change in the cases of those who are not naturalized in the U.S. A family based immigration lawyer is necessary for minor accidents with large consequences, like slips and falls (the leading cause of workers’ compensation claims) or a visa that needs updating. The best immigration lawyer is one that, if English is your second language, can communicate to you without an interpreter and also has positive feedback from others in similar situations to your own. A lot of damage can be avoided in the long-term with proper planning, as 95% to 96% of personal injury cases are settled pretrial. It isn’t always easy to find the best accident injury attorney, but it’s less easy to navigate the labyrinthine maze of the legal system all on your own.

What You Can Do

If you need to qualify for U.S. citizenship through naturalization, a green card is required for at least five years or three years if you have a U.S.-citizen spouse. If you are a woman who is a victim of domestic abuse, the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) can help you obtain temporary visas in order to get out of your current situation. This act has recently been extended to provide federal protection to LGBT+ couples, transgender individuals and Native Americans. Even if you have been fortunate enough to avoid these common issues, contacting an accident injury attorney or one of the top immigration lawyers in your vicinity and asking necessary questions can save you a lot of trouble down the road. Search your city or town today and see what you can do to keep you and your loved ones secure in these changing times.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *