Personal injury lawyers can be of assistance to individuals who have been a victim of a car accident or a slip and fall event on the job. Real estate attorneys can provide guidance to individuals or couples who are signing their first home loan. Estate planning lawyers can help parents and grandparents make sure that they have all of the correct paper work in place. Divorce lawyers can help couples navigate the difficult process of ending a marriage. For a number of reasons, many people find themselves in need of legal advice. Often, finding the right attorney who specializes in the situation you are dealing with is the first step toward finding a successful resolution.
Do You Know Who to Call When You Have a Legal Question?
Whether you have been in your first car accident or your fifth, it is important to know who to call when you have legal questions. Whether you have been injured on the shop or while out shopping it is important to know who to call to find out about workers compensation or a slip and fall accident. And whether you are trying to make plans for your estate as you get ready to retire or to divorce, it is important that you know the difference between the roles that an estate lawyer and a divorce lawyer play. In fact, knowing who to call in any legal situation may have significant impact on the results of your case and, ultimately, your life.
Consider some of these statistics about the many times in life when people would be wise to consult a legal representative:
- 72% of American seniors have a living will. If you are not among this percentage, it might be in your best interest to seek legal advice.
- Because so many are settled out of court, it should come as no surprise that only 4% to 5% of personal injury cases ever make it to the court room.
- 1 million children are involved in divorce proceedings every year in America.
- In fact, 30% of failing marriages involve couples who have children under the age of 18.
- There is a new divorce happening every 36 seconds in the U.S, amounting to about 876,000 divorces each year.
- Every two minutes, a person is injured in a drunk driving crash. If you are one of these victims, working with a personal injury attorney may be in your best interest.
No matter what kind of what kind of trouble you find yourself in or no matter what challenge you are facing, it is often best to call an attorney first and see if they can be of any assistance.