When you watched your oldest daughter cross the college graduation stage, you were excited about her future. Now, eight years later, as you are listening to her talk about the drunk driving ticket you wonder what will be happening in a month, let alone a year from now. You obviously want to help your daughter, but at the age of 30 you know that she needs to start taking responsibility for her own actions.
You let her move back into your home six months ago when she first told you that she had been arrested for the drunk driving. At the time you hoped that it was simply a poor choice on her part. Two weeks later, however, when she was fired from her job for showing up at work drunk both you and your husband realized that she had a serious drinking issue that needed to be addressed.
The problem with alcoholism is that the difficulties of the person with the drinking problem become difficulties for everyone who is involved. From a worried parent to a victim of a personal injury accident caused by drunk driving, these can become very complicated situations.
Personal Injury Law Firms Help Victims and Families Navigate Difficult Situations
Whether you are dealing with a personal injury caused by a drunk or distracted driver or you are trying to find a way to recover after workplace injuries, it is often in your best interest to find a legal team to help you understand what your options are. Consider some of these facts and figures about the many times when individuals and families look for the legal advice from a personal injury lawyer:
- 1.1 million drivers were arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or narcotics in the year 2015.
- Drugs, both legal and illegal, other than alcohol are involved in approximately 16% of motor vehicle crashes.
- The percentage of drivers using handheld cell phones or other electronic devices dropped from 3.3% in the year 2016 to 3.8% in the year 2015.
- In the year 2015, there were an estimated 32,166 fatal motor vehicle crashes.
- 95% to 96% of personal injury cases are settled pretrial.
Whether you are dealing with an adult daughter who is battling alcoholism or you are looking for someone to help you find a way to recover from a workplace injury, finding an experienced legal team can help you understand the options that you may have available to you.